JUST A REMINDER -- ONCE THE SCHEDULE IS POSTED ONLINE AND TEAMS NOTIFIED, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND AND ARE STILL OBLIGATED TO PAY FOR THE EVENT. IF YOU DO NOT PAY, FUTURE EVENTS WILL NEED TO BE PAID ONLINE IN ADVANCE.
For Hotels in The Sterling Area Please use one of Va. USSSA Fastpitch sponsors. Dulles Hotel Connections contact Jim Hudgens at email@example.com or 703-563-1506.
USSSA Region 1 10U "C" & "All-Star" Rule Exceptions
For 10U "C" and "All-Star" tournaments in Maryland, Delaware & Virginia the following rule exceptions or points of emphasis will apply to the latest edition of standard USSSA Fastpitch rules, which can be found online at either www.usssa.com or www.usssa1.com.
- The dropped third strike rule does not apply. Whether or not the 3rd strike is caught, the batter is out. The ball is still live and runners may steal 2nd and 3rd bases if they so choose. Runners may not advance to home on a dropped third strike.
- Base stealing is permitted under the following rule exceptions:
- Runners may not steal home or advance to home as part of stealing a base or bases.
- Runners may steal one or more bases per pitch to include a batter who receives a base on balls advancing to second or even third when receiving a base on balls.
- Runners starting at third base may not steal home, but are liable to be put out if they are off the base when a play is made on them. See rule #4 below for clarification on how runners may score a run.
- A 5 run limit per inning shall be imposed for the first 2 innings of the game. All subsequent innings shall have no run limit.
- Runners may only score on:
- A batted ball
- A base on balls or hit by pitch with bases loaded - the runner on third is forced to home under this situation.
- An awarded base when the ball goes out of play to include a pitch that goes out of play
- An illegal pitch
Virginia USSSA Fastpitch Rules
- The USSSA 2018 Rules and Regulations will govern any item not covered below.
- Rosters must be filled out completely and checked in prior to start of the tournament.
- Birth Certificates/Cards must be available to the Field Director upon his request.
- All Players must be dressed in accordance with the USSSA guide (exceptions will be made buy the Field Director)
- Coaches, managers, players and scorekeepers will not use tobacco/alcohol products during their game.
- Order for determining positions (and championship in the event of rain).
- Won-lost record (then)
- Head to head won-lost record, (then)
- Lowest total runs allowed, (then)
- Highest total runs scored, (then)
- Run differential, (then)
- Coin Flip.
- TIME LIMIT: No new inning will start after 1 hour and 15 minutes for pool play. All elimination games are 1 hour and 20 minutes except Championship which will be 1 hour 30 minute time limit. Elimination round home team is the higher seed. Standings will be determined for tie games during pool play within brackets using paragraph 6. International tiebreaker will be used starting at the top of the 8th inning or after time has expired for Sunday's games. Time may be adjusted due to weather conditions at the discretion of the tournament director.
- PROTESTS: ALL PROTESTS MUST BE RESOLVED BEFORE THE PROTESTED GAME MAY CONTINUE (TIME LIMITS WILL BE SUSPENDED WHILE THE PROTEST IS RESOLVED). Rule protests must be accompanied with a $100.00 cash protest fee. If the protest is upheld the protest fee will be returned to the protesting team. If the protest is not upheld, the Field/Tournament Director will retain the protest fee. The Field/Tournament Director will be the final arbiter of all protests. (Remember, only misinterpretation of the playing rules, failure to impose the correct penalty for a given violation can be protested.
- All teams should be at their game site ready to play 15 minutes before scheduled time. Games may be started up to 15 minutes before scheduled time. It is the team's responsibility to be ready to play. Only the Field/Tournament Director may declare a game forfeited.
- Pitching distance for 10U will be 35 feet, 11U and 12U will be 40 feet and 13U and up will be 43 feet.
- Slaughter Rule: 12 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings and 8 runs after 5 innings.
- In case of inclement weather ALL TEAMS should report to their assigned fields unless informed otherwise by the Field/Tournament Director for instructions and /or re-scheduled times. If it rains over night or prior to first game of the day, a representative from each team shall report to their assigned field at least one hour prior to first game scheduled for the day to see the Field/Tournament Director for instructions and/or re-schedule times.
- Each team shall check the bracket board at the end of pool play to ascertain Championship play schedule.
- Winning team shall report the scores after each game.
- All teams can utilize 11 batters in their line up for all games.
- All teams can utilize unlimited defensive substitutions with no effect on their batting order for all games. ** Exception The State Tournament we will play by the USSSA Rule Book**
- EACH TEAM WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING THE TRASH FROM THE DUGOUT AND AROUND THEIR BLEACHER AREA AT THE CONCLUSION OF EACH GAME.